Meet MSB Professionals
AMY BOYLE, Partner
Amy is a Founding Partner of MSB Employment Justice. She brings a personalized approach to each of her cases and prides herself on giving her clients a candid assessment of their case. While Amy handles all types of employment matters, she has a particular focus on representing women who have experienced sex discrimination, sexual harassment and assault, and retaliation at work and whistleblower clients who have reported illegal workplace practices or companies engaged in deceitful conduct. Her extensive understanding of whistleblower laws and consumer fraud has resulted in considerable success on behalf of her whistleblower clients.
A problem-solver by nature, Amy’s attention to detail, strong organization, and work ethic allows her to handle the most complex employment matters. With a no-nonsense approach to settlement negotiations, she has negotiated numerous and substantial pre-litigation settlements on behalf of her clients. She is also a talented litigator with a winning trial record and is often invited to speak on discovery matters and trial strategy. Having handled multi-plaintiff complex cases and litigated against some of the biggest companies in Minnesota and the country, Amy’s clients feel confident knowing she is a fearless advocate.
Amy also represents clients who have found themselves in an untenable work situation, advising and negotiating severance agreements for executive-level employees often leaving long-term employment.
Recent Speaking Engagements and Presentations
- The New Minnesota Employment Laws – The New Paid Family and Medical Leave Law in Minnesota, Minnesota CLE, October 2023
- The New Paid Family and Medical Leave Law in Minnesota, Minnesota CLE, August 2023
- Working Parents and Other Caregivers – How to Address Challenging Situations that Arise for Employees and Employers, Minnesota CLE Upper Midwest Employment Law Institute, May 2023
- The Nuts and Bolts of Building a Successful ADR Practice, Federal Bar Association Webinar, September 2022
- Promoting Diversity & Inclusion During the Great Resignation, Federal Bar Association, Annual Meeting, September 2022
- Working Parents and Other Caregivers – How to Address Challenging Situations that Arise for Employees and Employers, Minnesota CLE Upper Midwest Employment Law Institute, May 2022
- Winning Key Discovery Battles in Employment Litigation, Minnesota CLE 2021 Upper Midwest Employment Law Institute, May 2021
- Trying Cases During a Pandemic – Notes from the Trenches, Minnesota CLE Civil Litigation Outlook Seminar, January 2021
- Navigating Trial During COVID-19, MN NELA, November 2020
- Plaintiff Attorney Perspectives on New & Recurring Evidence Issues – Causation, “Me Too,” Implicit Bias, and Social Media Communications, Minnesota CLE 2020 Upper Midwest Employment Law Institute, September 2020
- Federal Bar Association Younger Lawyers Division, Immediate Past Chair and Board Member
- Federal Bar Association Alternative Dispute Resolution Section, Chair Elect and Board Member
- Minnesota Women Lawyers, Board Member and Judicial Initiative Co-Chair (Equity Committee)
- National Employment Lawyers Association – Minnesota Chapter, Member
- Warren E. Burger Inn of Courts, Past Member
- University of St. Thomas School of Law – cum laude
- University of St. Thomas – B.A. Legal Studies in Business, International Business – Spanish